Hot Pepper Seeds - Anaheim Chili HEIRLOOM - OPEN POLLINATED
- Green/Red, 6 Inches long
- 80-100 Days to Harvest
- Mild - 1,000 - 1,400 Scoville Units
Availability & Turnaround Time
All seeds are shipped year-round, while flower bulbs are shipped on a seasonal basis. Typical turnaround times for in-stock items is between 2 – 5 business days.
|Zones 2 – 10||Year-Round|
|Spring Planted Bulbs & Perennials (Warmest Regions First):|
|Zones 8 – 10||Mid March|
|Zones 7||Late March-Early April|
|Zones 6||Early-Mid April|
|Zones 5||Mid-Late April|
|Zones 2 – 4||Late April-Early May|
|Fall Planted Bulbs & Perennials (Coldest Regions First*):|
|Zones 2-4||Mid September|
|Zones 5||Mid-Late September|
|Zones 6||Late September|
|Zones 7||Late September - Early October|
|Zones 8-10||Early October|
We try our utmost to maintain reliable inventory of all products, and are very proud of our record in doing so. However, as we are a company engaged in what Mother Nature provides, we do sometimes experience shortages and crop failures beyond our control. If, for any reason, we are required to backorder any portion of your order, rest assured we will keep you apprised of updated shipping information and/or any other options that may satisfy your needs and wishes.
Grow heirloom peppers - Anaheim Chili Pepper Seeds - 500-2500 Scovilles
The Anaheim Chili Pepper is a mild to medium heirloom chili pepper that is commonly used in Mexican, and other spicy dishes. It is the most commonly used variety for chile rellenos. The Anaheim Chil Pepper is large, colorful, and tasty.
Name: Anaheim Chili Pepper Botanical Name: Capsicum annuum "Anaheim Chili" Type: Heirloom Hot Pepper Size at Maturity: 6" Long Days to Maturity: 80-100 Days Light Requirement: Full Sun Planting Time: Warm Season Sowing Method: Indoor Sow Planting Depth: 1/4" Plant Spacing: 12" - 18" Seeds per Pound: NA Hardiness Zones: All Ships: Year-round Average Seeds Per Packet: ~1/4 tsp
Planting Peppers (Capsicum annuum, sweet or hot)
When to Plant:
- Peppers are a hardy, warm season crop that enjoys full sun and loamy, well draining soil with a neutral pH.
- While they are pest tolerant, peppers can be susceptible to mildews so they will prefer a warm and dry climate.
- Keep in mind however, that while pepper plants grow well in warm summer temperatures, many varieties will wait until nights begin to reach cooler temperatures to produce the bulk of their harvest.
How to Plant:
- Peppers, hot or sweet, can be quite easy to grow, but a little patience is required. Most varieties will take at least 85 days from sprouting to harvest.
- For best results, seeds should be started indoors approximately 8-10 weeks before last expected frost date. Temperatures must be at least 70 degrees for good germination rates.
- When starting seeds, it is recommended to start three to a pot and thin the weakest seedling, leaving the remaining two to grow as one plant.
- Approximately one week before transplanting outdoors, harden off seedlings and prepare your plot with fertilizer or organic material, making sure your soil temperatures are at least 65 degrees consistently, or else seedlings will not survive the transplant.
- Seedling pairs should be placed about 18 to 24 inches apart.
- They need a well drained bed, but consistent moisture is also important -- plastic sheeting or mulch can be good ideas for retaining moisture, but a drip irrigation system can be a good approach as well.
- Peppers will appreciate a stake or cage for stability, especially when they begin to fruit.
- Put a few match heads and a teaspoon of fertilizer in the hole before planting, peppers like the sulfur.
When to Harvest:
- Harvest your peppers when they are firm and full.
- You can pick them while still green, but the more you let them ripen the sweeter they will be.
You May Also Like
Hot Pepper Seeds - Ancho or Poblano HEIRLOOM - OPEN POLLINATED
HEIRLOOM - OPEN POLLINATEDAs low as $3.95 per package
- Green, 4-5 Inches long
- 75 Days to Harvest
- Mild / Medium - 1,000-2,000 Scoville Units
Hot Pepper Seeds - Bhut Jolokia / Ghost HEIRLOOM - OPEN POLLINATEDNew
HEIRLOOM - OPEN POLLINATEDAs low as $5.50 per package
- Hottest Pepper in the World!
- 120 Days to Harvest
- Scoville Scale: >1,000,000 Units
Sweet Pepper Seeds - California Wonder HEIRLOOM - OPEN POLLINATED
HEIRLOOM - OPEN POLLINATEDAs low as $3.50 per package
- Green to Red, 5-6 Inches Sweet Pepper
- 85 Days to Harvest
- Prefers full sun exposure
Celery Seeds - Tall Utah 52-70 HEIRLOOM - OPEN POLLINATED
HEIRLOOM - OPEN POLLINATEDAs low as $2.95 per package
- Stalks about 12 Inches Tall
- 120 Days to Harvest
- Will tolerate some shade, but prefers full sun exposure