Kale Seeds (Organic) - Lacinato HEIRLOOM - ORGANIC
- Open Pollinated, Organic Seed
- Leaves up to 36"
- 65 Days to Maturity
Availability & Turnaround Time
All seeds are shipped year-round, while flower bulbs are shipped on a seasonal basis. Typical turnaround times for in-stock items is between 2 – 5 business days.
|Zones 2 – 10||Year-Round|
|Spring Planted Bulbs & Perennials (March - June):|
|Zones 8 – 10 Pre-Orders||Mid March|
|Zones 7 Pre-Orders||Late March-Early April|
|Zones 6 Pre-Orders||Early-Mid April|
|Zones 5 Pre-Orders||Mid-Late April|
|Zones 2 – 4 Pre-Orders||Late April-Early May|
|All Zones Ship Until Inventory is Sold Out||May - June|
|Saffron Crocus & Bearded Iris (Late August - November):|
|All Zones||Start Shipping late August|
|Fall Planted Bulbs & Perennials (September - January):|
|Zones 2-4 Pre-Orders||Mid September|
|Zones 5 Pre-Orders||Mid-Late September|
|Zones 6 Pre-Orders||Late September|
|Zones 7 Pre-Orders||Late September - Early October|
|Zones 8-10 Pre-Orders||Early October|
|All Zones Ship Until Inventory is Sold Out||Mid October - January|
|Fall Perennial Roots/Bulbs* & Amaryllis Bulbs (October - January)|
*Fall Perennial Roots/Bulbs include: Hosta Roots, Siberian Iris Roots, Lily Bulbs, Papaver Roots and Peony Roots.
We try our utmost to maintain reliable inventory of all products, and are very proud of our record in doing so. However, as we are a company engaged in what Mother Nature provides, we do sometimes experience shortages and crop failures beyond our control. If, for any reason, we are required to backorder any portion of your order, rest assured we will keep you apprised of updated shipping information and/or any other options that may satisfy your needs and wishes.
Grow Organic & Heirloom Kale - Plant Organic Lacinato Kale Seeds:
Also known as Dinosaur Kale, Tuscan Kale, Nero di Toscana. An indisputable heirloom, Organic Lacinato Kale has been grown in gardens since the 1700s. This heirloom delivers appetizingly long, slender leaves that are both earthy and sweet. Don't let your next batch of minestrone soup be without this savory leaf.
Name: Organic Lacinato Kale Botanical Name: Brassica oleracea "Lacinato" Type: Organic / Heirloom Size at Maturity: Up to 36" Leaves Days to Maturity: 65 Days Light Requirement: Full Sun Planting Time: Cool Season Sowing Method: Direct Sow Planting Depth: 1/4" Plant Spacing: 15" - 18" Seeds per Pound: NA Hardiness Zones: All Ships: Year-round Average Seeds Per Packet: ~1/2 tsp
When to Plant:
- Kale can be planted at any time, from early spring to early summer. Be mindful, as hot weather makes kale bitter.
- If planted late in the summer, you can harvest it from fall until the ground freezes.
How to Grow:
- Plant ¼ to ½ inch deep in an area with well-drained, loamy soil.
- If planting in cool season, select an area that will get full sun. Choose partial shade if growing in the warm season.
- Seeds will sprout best in soil around 70 degrees F.
- After 2 weeks, thin seedlings so they are spaced 8 to 12 inches apart.
- Water the plants regularly, but take care not to over water.
- Mulch the soil heavily after first freeze. The plants can sometimes produce leaves throughout the winter.
When to Harvest:
- Kale is ready to harvest when the leaves are about the size of your hands.
- Avoid picking the terminal bud at the top center of the plant, as this will keep the plant productive.
- Only pick about a fistful of leaves per harvest.
- Kale grows until it’s about 20 degrees F - a touch of frost actually sweetens the flavor.
You May Also Like
Kale Seeds (Organic) - Blue Curled Scotch / Vates HEIRLOOM - ORGANICsold outUSDA organic
HEIRLOOM - ORGANICAs low as $3.95 per package
- Blue / Green, leafy heads up to 15 Inches / Spread up to 35 Inches
- 60+ Days to Harvest
- Will tolerate some shade, but prefers full sun exposure
Kale Seeds - Lacinato HEIRLOOM - OPEN POLLINATED
HEIRLOOM - OPEN POLLINATEDAs low as $3.50 per package
- Up to 36 Inch Leaves
- 65 Days to Harvest
- Prefers Full Sun Exposure
Arugula Seeds (Organic) - Rocket HEIRLOOM - ORGANICUSDA organic
HEIRLOOM - ORGANICAs low as $3.50 per package
- Grows 6-12 Inches
- About 40 Days to Harvest
- Adaptable to full sun or partial shade
Broccoli Seeds (Organic) - Calabrese HEIRLOOM - ORGANICsold outUSDA organic
HEIRLOOM - ORGANICAs low as $3.50 per package
- Heads up to 8 Inches in Diameter
- 50 Days to Harvest
- Prefers full sun exposure
Lush and leafy
It's been a few weeks and my planted kale (direct sow in a planter bed; zone 8) are coming up lush and leafy. I used up all the seeds in the packet because I wasn't sure if all would germinate but I wish I would have saved some seeds because now my box is completely crowded! Gave away a few seedlings to the neighbors and I still have rows of leafy plants left. I'm happy about the quality and progress.
They all sprouted!
See the title b/c that's the review
The following item(s) have been added to your basket:
Kale Seeds (Organic) - Lacinato HEIRLOOM - ORGANICContinue Shopping View Cart
You May Also Like:
OPEN POLLINATED - ORGANIC
25 Best Selling Organic Vegetable Seeds!