Mustard Seeds (Organic) - Tendergreen OPEN POLLINATED - ORGANIC
- Leafy Green; Grows up to 25 Inches
- 45 Days to Harvest
- Prefers full sun/partial shade exposure
Availability & Turnaround Time
All seeds are shipped year-round, while flower bulbs are shipped on a seasonal basis. Typical turnaround times for in-stock items is between 2 – 5 business days.
|Zones 2 – 10||Year-Round|
|Spring Planted Bulbs & Perennials (Warmest Regions First):|
|Zones 8 – 10||Mid March|
|Zones 7||Late March-Early April|
|Zones 6||Early-Mid April|
|Zones 5||Mid-Late April|
|Zones 2 – 4||Late April-Early May|
|Fall Planted Bulbs & Perennials (Coldest Regions First*):|
|Zones 2-4||Mid September|
|Zones 5||Mid-Late September|
|Zones 6||Late September|
|Zones 7||Late September - Early October|
|Zones 8-10||Early October|
We try our utmost to maintain reliable inventory of all products, and are very proud of our record in doing so. However, as we are a company engaged in what Mother Nature provides, we do sometimes experience shortages and crop failures beyond our control. If, for any reason, we are required to backorder any portion of your order, rest assured we will keep you apprised of updated shipping information and/or any other options that may satisfy your needs and wishes.
Grow Heirloom & OrganicMustards - Plant Organic Tendergreen Mustard Seeds
Also known as "Spinach Mustard", Organic Tendergreen is an heirloom mustard with a mild flavor that can be used just like spinach. Heat and drought resistant, OrganicTendergreen Mustard seeds can be planted virtually in any zone.
Name: Tendergreen Mustard Botanical Name: Brassica juncea "Tendergreen" Type: Heirloom Size at Maturity: 25" Plant Days to Maturity: 45 Days Light Requirement: Full Sun/Partial Shade Planting Time: Cool Season Sowing Method: Direct Sow Planting Depth: 1/4" - 1/2" Plant Spacing: 6" Seeds per Pound: NA Hardiness Zones: All Ships: Year-round Average Seeds Per Packet: ~1/2 tsp
When to plant:
- In the Spring, plant your mustard green seeds outside about 3 weeks before the average last frost date.
- If you are doing successive plantings to get a longer harvest, keep planting about every 3 weeks during the Spring.
- If you want a Fall harvest, plant the seeds in mid-late Summer.
- Mustard greens are a cool season crop so they don’t do well in the Summer heat.
How to plant:
- Plant your mustard green seeds in an area with full sun or partial shade for best results.
- Plant them about 6 inches apart, ¼ to ½ inch deep.
- Mustard greens need plenty of water to thrive, so keep an eye on the rainfall to ensure that the greens don’t look wilted.
When to harvest:
- Harvest your mustard greens when the leaves are tender and young.
- If you want to harvest the entire plant, cut all of the leaves.
- For a stronger, more bitter taste, allow the leaves to grow longer.
You May Also Like
Fatal error: Call to a member function fetchAll() on a non-object in /home/edenbrothers/www/store/admin/youmayalsolike.php on line 6